1/13/2009

Unreal Editor, the silent killer

First day teaching the use of the Unreal Editor today, which didn’t go too badly at all. It’s really a very nice editor indeed, with only a minimal amount of people complaining that it was too different from Hammer to get used to. They are wrong, they will get used to it. I did (in reverse), so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Also, Ludology: should be pretty interesting and largely irrelevant to the job I am eventually aiming for, exactly the same as it was last semester. Whoopee. Turns out that we are only having one of the lecturers from last semester for this one, with cameo appearances from the other. Interesting conversation about various things, including philosophy, the education system, game accessibility, and the state of the university’s internal politics.

Had my first university oatcakes as well. Fan-freakin’-tastic. I took a mutant-powers pill to be able to digest the cheese, and then proceeded to try all but one of the variants, the best being the beans version. I will attempt the combinations of the different added extras at some other point. I believe that bacon+cheese+beans+oatcakes for a measly £1.60 is something I must experience for the good of humanity and my delicious sensors.

In other news: the student loan company is a big, dumb stupid-head. Despite the fact that they are actively giving me money for my student loan, they sent me a letter telling me that I’ve got to start repaying it soon. Like, before I stop receiving it. I will send them their own letter as a rejoinder, along with the closest thing I can find to a silly-slap in envelope form.

My urge to buy a media centre PC has reached 5-days-to-live  levels of urgency today. Goddamn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say things at me: