1/14/2009

Markan Gaems

I have a new found respect for teachers and lecturers. Marking work is not fun, it is time consuming and bitterly disappointing. I only had to mark practical work as well, with a 5-odd minute video being my only required interaction with the work (although I did go through the map files of the better / less obviously terrible ones to see how well they actually did).

It was disheartening to see how many people ignored the brief and just did anything, or the people who had good ideas and skill, but didn’t put any time into the thing.

Failing people who quite obviously got the idea is a really crappy thing to have to do.

I’m just glad that I didn’t have to read 30 different 2.5 thousand word essays as well as marking the practical. That would have taken a whole world of time, and since there was one guy in the group who couldn’t even spell his own name properly, reading a load of those would only make my head hurt.

In other, lighter news, the Woll Smoth meme has been declared as my favourite thing of the moment.

roshhorbb1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say things at me: