1/16/2009

Media PC – Should/Shouldn’t.

Oh god, it’s getting too much. My burning desire for having an HTPC is starting to drive me slightly sideways. This post is less about trying to express things, and more about just getting a list of good and bad things about the idea out of my head so I can formulate a plan of what to do next.

So:

Pro:

  • Replacement TV massively better than my current POS, plus surround sound
  • Comfortable Internet browsing
  • Emulator gaming suddenly becomes awesome again
  • Additional storage (I am practically out of space)
  • Recording TV is pretty cool shit
  • It’d be almost as good / actually as good as my actual PC
  • I do technically have the money right now to do this

Con:

  • £900 is still chunky money
  • I haven’t built one before, the form-factor may be tricky

Well, shit. That didn’t help the desire at all. Damn. Now I kinda want it even more.

And I just worked out a build that is better, but costs the same.

Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say things at me: